Visitor Services Associate (part-time)
1-2 days per week. Includes weekends and occasional weekday hours as needed. Schedule may be flexile, subject to supervisor approval.
Elmhurst Art Museum is looking for a personable and enthusiastic candidate with excellent customer service and sales skills to represent the Museum as the first point of contact with guests onsite and on the phone. This is an important position on the Museum team with responsibility for creating a positive visitor experience that will motivate guests to upgrade from visitors to members and donors. The Visitor Services Associate will work closely with the Visitor Services Manager and Executive Director to ensure that public programs and special events are supervised and maintained in addition to regular museum hours.
- Greeting visitors processing admission fees at entry
- Providing enthusiastic customer service by answering questions about the Museum exhibits, merchandise, public programs and other inquiries
- Proactively upgrading visitors to members by informing guests of all member benefits
- Providing exemplary sales assistance in the Museum Shop and Cafe
- Supervising museum galleries for incidents
- During times of low visitor attendance or gallery closings provides administrative support to additional staff as needed
- 2 or more years of college or related experience
- Proven success in managing and achieving superior retail results
- Previous retail, front-of-house restaurant or customer service experience
- Knowledge of software including Windows, Google Drive and Microsoft Office, iPad POS
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and some evenings as needed
- Curiosity about the Museum programming and the ability to communicate that to guests in an engaging and inclusive way
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elmhurst Art Museum meets all ADA standards and is an equal opportunity employer.