SEE BELOW FOR COVID-19 UPDATES
Summer Break Art Camps (Ages 5-12)
One week sessions, June 7 - Aug 13
Full days for ages 8-12; Full or half days for ages 5-7
Sign up now to spark your child’s creativity over the Summer Break.
There’s a reason why Elmhurst Art Museum’s camps are so popular every year! Kids love getting together and making messes and our inspiring camp counselors help guide them through the creative process.
At our Summer Camps, each week’s curriculum is uniquely themed, so no two weeks are the same. Our campers also find inspiration through a variety of hands-on activities in our Education Center and outdoors in Wilder Park. Building sculpture and painting with multimedia, pottery, printmaking, and experiencing first-hand the art exhibitions at the Museum help kids develop new skills in a fun and energetic environment.
Following the guidelines provided by the CDC and local public health professionals, we have updated policies for our summer camps. Below are a few of the ways in which we are adapting to the situation:
- Communication will be key. Staff will send out detailed updates outlining best practices prior to the start of each session
- New classroom configurations will help accommodate special distancing.
- Drop-off/pick-up procedures will be adjusted to avoid groups in close proximity to one another. (Face masks must be worn by both the child and adult)
- Face masks must be worn at all times during camp. Disposable masks will be available, and a more durable mask will be given to each camper for the week. (These will be sanitized daily)
- Sanitizing stations will be installed throughout the studios
- To reduce the amount of shared supplies, we are requesting that each student bring the following items that will be kept in an individual cubby at the museum until the end of the week.
- glue stick, black pens (ballpoint are fine), pencil case/supply bag, eraser, No. 2 pencils, colored pencils (12-count), scissors, personal hand-sanitizer/wipes, and markers/crayons (optional)
For any specific questions about our policies or additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org