Studio art classes at Elmhurst Art Museum promote lifelong artistic exploration. With experienced teaching artists and a versatile studio space, our Education Center hosts a wide variety of classes throughout year. There is truly something for everyone with instructional classes open to participants as young as 2 years old and beyond.
Most studio art classes meet once a week for 6 weeks. While the museum under construction Spring 1 classes (March 2 - April 6) and Spring 2 classes (April 12 - May 11) for teens & adults will be held offsite at Elmhurst University. See all classes offered.
Museum members receive 15% off classes. Join/renew today.
Help your child discover their creativity with our experienced education staff and hands-on activities.
While the museum makes necessary facility improvements this Spring only teen and adult classes will be held at Elmhurst University.
Learn more about our one week Summer Camps for ages 5-12.
Adults & Teens
Register now to spark your creativity through a range of studio classes, from pottery to cartooning.
Following the guidelines provided by the CDC and local public health professionals, we have updated policies for classes. Below are a few of the ways in which we are adapting to the situation:
- Communication is key. Staff will send out detailed updates outlining best practices prior to the start of each session
- Class attendees will only use Education Center entrance and facility
- Thorough disinfecting between a reduced number of classes in the Education Center
- Drop-off/pick-up procedures may change for large sessions such as Spring & Summer Camps.
- While not mandated, we understand some individuals will choose to continue wearing masks and ask everyone to respect these decisions.
- Sanitizing stations are installed throughout the studios.
- Classes will be canceled due to any potential exposure that could affect the group. Refunds will be given when classes are unable to run for this reason.
- Students with a confirmed close contact (as defined by the CDC) will be required to get a doctor note or a negative PCR test. Refunds will not be given for missed classes for this reason.
- To reduce the amount of shared supplies, we are requesting that each student bring their own utensils when applicable. Please see the class description for a more detailed list of recommended supplies as each class may be different.
For any specific questions about our policies or additional information please email email@example.com