Art in the PostSeptember 8 – November 22, 2020
Anonymously contribute to our mail art project by sharing something about your life. Originally created for responses to COVID, our mail art project also allows for your reflection on racial injustice and other current events. Share something on a postcard (or index card) and it will be exhibited at the museum in September.
Submissions will be accepted until August 30, 2020. All ages welcome and encouraged. Below are some suggestions and postcard format instructions.
- Be Brief - Make your message short and sweet so it fits on the postcard.
- Be Legible - We want to be able to anonymously share your experience.
- Be Creative - customize your postcard to make it unique. Share your thoughts/reflections, how you spent your time during the Stay at Home orders, write a poem, or even share a recipe.
1. Use either a postcard you have, or make your own!
a. Please make sure it is formatted correctly so it can make its way through postage to us!
b. If you use an index card, make sure that it is at least 4 x 6 inches
2. Design the front, or use it to tell your message.
3. If you are mailing back your postcard, make sure you use a stamp, and send it to:
Elmhurst Art Museum
150 S. Cottage Hill Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126
OR If you are local, feel free to drop off your postcard into our dropbox located outside of our Education Center doors.