Join our team at the museum. Current employment opportunities are listed below, including staff and intern positions.
Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Approximately 20 hours per week, plus some evening and special events as necessary
Salary commensurate with experience
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the museum offices, including general correspondence, gift reporting, financial reporting, human resource filing, payroll distribution, insurance coverage, purchasing, facility estimates and payments, and other aspects of museum administration. Working closely with the Executive Director, he/she provides strong organizational grounding and accurate reporting for the organization.
- General correspondence and administrative assistance for the Executive Director
- Correspondence and reporting to donors and sponsors
- Human Resources
- Bi-weekly payroll and taxes
- Benefit coordination and tracking (PTO, holidays)
- Maintain confidential personnel files for all employees
- Serves as a central point of HR contact for museum staff
- Works with the Executive Director to schedule/coordinate service calls for maintenance and repairs, as well as collecting work estimates
- With the Executive Director, manages contracts, vendor payments, and scheduling of contractors
- Purchasing for the museum and track all expenditures
- Assist in other museum operations as needed
2. Record Keeping
a. Review and maintain records of all business transactions and contracts including insurance, venue rentals, computer/web hardware and software, education center classes, camps, facilities and independent contractors
b. Maintain EAM’s relationships with financial institutions including banks and investment managers
c. Receive and process all accounts receivables and payables including invoices and direct disbursements, museum shop receipts, member and donor payments, class registrations and facility rental payments.
d. Reconcile monthly bank and investment statements and maintain associated account ledgers
e. Complete W-9s and 990s for contractors working at the museum
f. Collect, process, and reconcile receipts and credit card statements for the museum office
g. Assure compliance with all non-profit state and federal regulatory requirements
A. Three to five years minimum experience in business and/or financial management. Preference within the nonprofit sector.
B. Must be an experienced user of Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
C. Excellent planning, budgeting, and administrative management skills
D. Interpersonal skills necessary for working in a supportive, mission-driven organization focused on improving quality and productivity, reducing costs and developing people and systems to enhance the organization
E. BA/BS in Business Administration or Finance. Master’s degree, CPA, or equivalent optional.
F. Basic computer skills, including gSuite and typing of at least 38 words per minute
G. Interest in visual art/museums helpful in understanding EAM’s culture and vision
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the position title/department in the subject line.
Part-time intern position
12-16 hours per week depending on the schedule
Elmhurst Art Museum is seeking a highly motivated Education Intern to work closely with the Director of Education and education staff. The ideal candidate would work two days per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with researching ideas for future public and educational programming based on upcoming exhibitions
- Facilitate the execution of new and exciting programs and other initiatives
- Help monitor registration for all classes, camps, and special programs
- Draft outreach letters to local educators and community leaders
- Assist our staff members with guided exhibition tours
- Research potential collaborators
- Take initiative to take on new projects for the museum based on intern’s interest
- Assist with preparation of museum education internal reports and maintains general reporting records
- Perform other duties as necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate students studying in Art, Art History, Art Education, Museum Studies or related field
- Excellent organizational skills and strict attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Previous experience in the arts is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening, weekend and holiday assignments
College credit can be arranged for undergraduate or graduate students.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Oct 25. Please reference the position title/department in the subject line.